- You choose and buy what you like instead of letting your friends/family influence you. They can influence you to not buy something because, for them, the thing you want is not worth the money/looks slutty/they simply don’t like it/smells bad/other reasons or they can influence you to buy something because they like it.
- You go whenever and stay how much you want.
- You don’t need to wait for each other. I don’t know about you but I hate waiting for someone more than 10 minutes in a single store and I don’t like to bore my friends with the waiting as well.
- You don’t have to show each other what you both are trying on. It saves time and judgments.
- You go to the stores you want.
- You do everything in your own rhythm.
- A friend/family member can help you get you out of your comfort zone. Seriously, when I saw the dress, I said “no” the first time because of the tight bottom part of it but now I’m ok with the dress from the album pictures.
- It’s kind of lonely when you’re shopping and the only persons you speak to are the sellers when you greet them. Being around someone – especially, a person with whom you enjoy spending time with- is more fun.
- The shopping partner can notice something that you didn’t notice whether it’s an imperfection which you wouldn’t like the product to have or (s)he notices a product which you might like.
- A second opinion really helps sometimes. Sometimes I don’t realize soon enough that with some stuff I look pretty bad and end up buying it, later finding myself in front of the mirror not liking it.
- Nobody can help you with the shopping bags if you bought too much, however, I would only put a family member to help me with them.
- If your shopping partner eats healthier than you, you wouldn’t buy as much unhealthy food as you would buy it alone or you wouldn’t buy unhealthy food at all.
- If you’re buying furniture and decorations for a house which you share with someone, it’s better to go with the person(s) with whom you share the house because everybody has their own taste and I don’t think you would like to have a black and white-themed house when you like bright colors.